Beacon Federal Credit Union now offering Deposit My Check.
Deposit your check anytime day or night. Simply login into Mobile PC Branch icon using the Beacon Federal Credit Union Mobile App.
New to PC Branch? Click here to enroll now. Don't remember the initial password given to you when you opened your account? Give us a call at (281) 471-1782 and speak to a member service representative.
* Deposit My Check credits are not made immediately available. All deposits are reviewed and posted within 2 business days. Check holds may apply. Deposits may be rejected, in which case the Credit Union may attempt to contact you via phone, email or by mail using the contact information available on file with the Credit Union. Please make sure your contact information is up to date. Daily maximum deposit(s) are limited to $2,500.00. The Credit Union reserves the right to cancel services at any time.
**Rejected items will appear within the Deposit My Check service under the "Review Deposits" button. Deposit My Check users will no longer be notified of rejections via emal.
** Remote Deposit Capture Service (Deposit My Check) Disclosure and Agreement - Effective 10/29/14
Application for use of the Remote Deposit Capture Services (“the Services”), notification of approval of application, and BFCU Membership and Account Agreement and/or Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure are hereby incorporated into and made a part of this Disclosure and Agreement. In the event of a discrepancy between this Disclosure and Agreement and the Application, approval, or the Account Agreement, this Disclosure and Agreement will control. “Member” refers to member of Beacon FCU applying for and agreeing to use Remote Deposit Capture Services.
Use of the Services.
• Following receipt of notification approving member use of the Services, member is authorized to remotely deposit paper checks to member’s Beacon account (the “Account”) by electronically transmitting a digital image of the paper checks to Beacon FCU for deposit.
• Member use of the Services constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Disclosure and Agreement. Member agrees to comply with the hardware and software requirements set forth in the System Requirements page found at https://www.beaconfed.org/eservices/mobile-app/.
• Upon receipt of the digital image, Beacon will review the image for acceptability.
• Member understands and agrees that receipt of an image does not occur until after notification of receipt of the image via onscreen messaging and/or email notification.
• Member understands that such notification does not mean that the image contains no errors or that BFCU is responsible for any information member has transmitted .
• Beacon is not responsible for any image believed transmitted, but not received.
• Following receipt of the image, Beacon may process the image by preparing a “substitute check” or clearing the item as an image.
• Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Beacon reserves the right, within its sole and absolute discretion, to accept or reject any item for remote deposit into member’s Account.
• Member understands that any amount credited to his/her Account for items deposited using the Services is a provisional credit and therefore agrees to indemnify Beacon against any loss suffered because of acceptance of the remotely deposited check.
• In addition Members agree that they will not (i) modify, change, alter, translate, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the technology or Service, (ii) copy or reproduce all or any part of the technology or Service; or (iii) interfere, or attempt to interfere, with the technology or Service.
Notification. Member agrees to notification via on screen display, email or other electronic forms of communication.
Check Requirements. Any image of a check transmitted to Beacon must accurately and legibly provide all the information on the front and back of the check at the time presented by the drawer. Prior to capturing the original check, Member must endorse the back of the original check. Endorsement will include “For Deposit only Beacon FCU”, member account number and member signature. The image of the check transmitted to Beacon must accurately and legibly provide, among other things, the following information: (1) the information identifying the drawer and the paying bank that is preprinted on the check, including complete and accurate MICR information and the signature(s); and (2) other information placed on the check prior to the time an image of the check is captured, such as any required identification written on the front of the check and any endorsements applied to the back of the check. The image quality for the check will meet the standards for image quality established by the American National Standards Institute (“ANSI”), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, and any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association.
Rejection of Deposit. Beacon is not liable for any service or late charges levied against member due to its rejection of any item. In all cases, Member is responsible for any loss or overdraft plus any applicable fees to member Account due to an item being returned. Excessive misuse of services may result in termination of availability of the service to member.
Items Returned Unpaid. In the event any item transmitted to Beacon for remote deposit is credited to member Account, and subsequently such item is dishonored, Beacon is authorized to debit the amount of such item from the member Account. Member is responsible for any loss or overdraft plus any applicable fees to member Account due to an item being returned.
Email Address. Member agrees to notify Beacon immediately of change in email address, as this is the email address where Beacon will send notification of rejection of remote deposit items.
Unavailability of Services. Member understands and agrees that the Services may at times be temporarily unavailable due to the Financial Institution’s system maintenance or technical difficulties including those of the Internet service provider, cellular service provider and Internet software. In the event that the Services are unavailable, member acknowledges that she/he can deposit an original check at any of Beacon’s 4 branches or by mailing the original check to Beacon FCU at PO Box 1704, La Porte, TX 77572. It is member’s sole responsibility to verify that items deposited using the Services have been received and accepted for deposit. However, Beacon will email notification of items that are rejected by the next business day following rejection.
Business Days and Hours. https://www.beaconfed.org/about/branches.php. Cut-off time for deposits is 3:00 PM Monday through Friday. Deposits made on weekends and holidays will be considered received on the next business day.
Funds Availability. Member understands and agrees that, for purposes of deposits made using the Services, the place of deposit is La Porte, TX. With regard to the availability of approved deposits made using the Services, such funds will be available by close of business the second business day after the day of deposit to member account.
Internal Controls and Audit. Member understands and agrees to adhere to the Internal Controls as described in this agreement and further detailed within this section and furthermore agrees to comply with the Audit requirements prescribed by the Financial Institution within this Agreement.
Guarantee Specific to Deposits Received for Credit to a Business Account:
Use of the Services for the purpose of depositing to a Business Account constitutes member understanding and agreement that he/she may be personally liable for any expenses BFCU incurs in attempting to obtain final payment for the item in question, outside of the routine costs associated with item processing, in the event of a default by the Business. This includes but is not limited to recovery of the amount credited in the event of non-payment, collection costs and attorney’s fees as applicable, as well as any and all costs associated with BFCU enforcing this Guarantee. This Guarantee shall benefit the BFCU and its successors and assigns.
Compliance with Law. Member agrees to use the products and Service for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as all laws pertaining to the conduct of his/her business if applicable. Member warrants that he/she will transmit only acceptable items for deposit and will have handled the original items in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. Member promises to indemnify and hold Beacon harmless from any damages, liabilities, costs, expenses (including attorneys’ fees) or other harm arising out of any violation thereof. This indemnity will survive termination of member’s Account and this Agreement.
Accountholder’s Warranties. Member makes the following warranties and representations with respect to each image of an original check transmitted to Beacon utilizing the Services:
1) Each image of a check transmitted is a true and accurate rendition of the front and back of the original check, without any alteration, and the drawer of the check has no defense against payment of the check.
2) The amount, the payee, signature(s), and endorsement(s) on the original check are legible, genuine, and accurate.
3) Member will not deposit or otherwise endorse to a third party the original item (the original check) and no person will receive a transfer, presentment, or return of, or otherwise be charged for, the item (either the original item, or a paper or electronic representation of the original item) such that the person will be asked to make payment based on an item it has already paid.
4) Other than the digital image of an original check remotely deposit through Beacon’s Services, there are no other duplicate images of the original check.
5) Member has instituted procedures to ensure that each original check was authorized by the drawer in the amount stated on the original check and to the payee stated on the original check.
6) Member is authorized to enforce each item transmitted or is authorized to obtain payment of each item on behalf of a person entitled to enforce such transmitted item.
7) The information provided in member Application remains true and correct and, in the event any such information changes, member will immediately notify Beacon of the change.
8) Member has not knowingly failed to communicate any material information to Beacon FCU.
9) Member has possession of each original check deposited using the Services and no party will submit the original check for payment.
10) Files and images transmitted to Beacon will contain no viruses or any other disabling features that may have an adverse impact on Beacon’s network, data, or related systems.
Storage of Original Checks. Member must securely store each original check for a period of 30 days after transmission to Beacon. If member is using the Service to deposit items into an account in the name of a Business to which he/she is a party Member understands this means the original check(s) must be accessible only [under dual control] by authorized personnel. Persons who have access to the stored checks must be fully bondable and have passed a thorough screening. After such period expires, member will destroy the original check. member understand and agree to be responsible for any loss caused by his/her failure to secure the original checks.
Securing Images on Mobile Devices. When using Mobile Deposit member understands that check images captured using my mobile device are stored on the device only until the associated deposit has been successfully submitted. member agrees to promptly complete each deposit. In the event member is unable to promptly complete deposit, member agrees to ensure that said mobile device remains securely in his/her possession until the deposit has been completed or to delete the associated images from the application.
Accountholder’s Indemnification Obligation. Member understands and agrees to indemnify Beacon and hold Beacon harmless against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses arising from the use of the Services and/or breach of this Disclosure and Agreement. Member understands and agrees that this paragraph shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
In Case of Errors. In the event that Member believes there has been an error with respect to any original check or image thereof transmitted to Beacon for deposit or a breach of this Agreement, Member will immediately contact Beacon FCU regarding such error or breach as set forth below.
Telephone Beacon at: (281) 471-1782.
Limitation of Liability. Member understands and agrees that Beacon is not responsible for any indirect, consequential, punitive, or special damages or damages attributable to member breach of this Disclosure and Agreement.
Charges for Use of the Services. All charges associated with the Services are disclosed in Beacon’s Fee Schedule which is made available via the BFCU web page (https://www.beaconfed.org/rates/fee-schedule).
Warranties. MEMBER UNDERSTANDS THAT THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES ON EQUIPMENT, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR INTERNET PROVIDER SERVICE, OR ANY PART OF THEM, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, CAUSED BY THE INTERNET PROVIDER, ANY RELATED SOFTWARE, OR THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION’S USE OF ANY OF THEM OR ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF MEMBER PERSONAL COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT.
Change in Terms. Beacon may change the terms and charges for the Services indicated in this Disclosure and Agreement by notifying member of such change and may amend, modify, add to, or delete from this Disclosure and Agreement from time to time. Member use of the Services after receipt of notification of any change by Beacon constitutes acceptance of the change.
Termination of the Services. Member may, by written request, terminate the Services provided for in this Disclosure and Agreement. Beacon may terminate member’s use of the Services at any time upon written notice. In the event of termination of the Services, member will remain liable for all transactions performed on his/her Account.
Relationship to Other Disclosures. The information in these Disclosures applies only to the Services described herein. Provisions in other disclosure documents, as may be revised from time to time, remain effective for all other aspects of the Account.
Governing Law. Member understands and agrees that this Disclosure and Agreement and all questions relating to its validity, interpretation, performance, and enforcement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas, notwithstanding any conflict-of-laws doctrines of such state or other jurisdiction to the contrary. Member also agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Texas.
Periodic Statement. Any remote deposits made through the Services will be reflected on member’s monthly account statement. Member understands and agrees that he/she is required to notify Beacon of any error relating to images transmitted using the Services by no later than 30 days after receipt of the monthly periodic statement that includes any transaction alleged to be erroneous. Member is responsible for any errors that he/she fail to bring to Beacon’s attention within such time period.
Limitations on Number of items and Dollar Amount. Member understands and agrees not to exceed the limitations on daily number of items and dollar amounts of remote deposits that are set forth by Beacon. Daily maximum total of remote deposit capture items is limited to15, totaling a maximum of $2,500.00. No single check may exceed $2,500.00.
Unacceptable Deposits. Member understands and agrees that the following are not permitted for deposit using the Services:
1) Any item drawn on member’s account or member affiliate’s account.
2) Any item that is stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark.
3) Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check.
4) Any item issued by a financial institution in a foreign country.
5) Any item issued in a foreign currency.
6) Any item that is incomplete.
7) Any item that is “stale dated” or “post dated.”
8) Savings Bonds
9) US Treasury checks made payable to anyone who is not on the account into which it is being deposited.
10) Checks made payable to anyone who is not on the account into which it is being deposited.
Changes in Financial Circumstances.
Member understands and agrees that to inform Beacon immediately in the event a material change in member’s financial circumstances as or in any of the information provided in member’s Application including any supporting financial information.
If member is using the Service to deposit items into an account in the name of a Business to which he/she is a party, including, but is not limited to, notification of the following:
(a) changes in transaction volumes at member’s business; (b) any change in a representation or statement made or furnished to Beacon by or on behalf of member, in Application; (c) a material change occurs in ownership or organizational structure (acknowledging that any change in ownership will be deemed material when ownership is closely held); (d) if member liquidates or dissolves, or enters into any consolidation merger, partnership, or joint venture; (e) member sells any assets except in the ordinary course of my business as now conducted, or sell, lease, assign or transfer any substantial part of business or fixed assets or any property or other assets necessary for the continuance of member’s business as now conducted including, without limitation, the selling of any property or other assets accompanied by the leasing back of the same; (f) member ceases doing business, becomes insolvent, a receiver is appointed for all or any part of my property, I make an assignment for the benefit of creditors, or any proceeding is commenced either by member or against member under any bankruptcy or insolvency laws or any other law or laws relating to debtors; (g) any guaranty of indebtedness to you, whether related or unrelated to the Account or the Services, ceases to be in full force and effect or is declared to be null and void; or the validity or enforceability thereof is contested in a judicial proceeding; or any guarantor denies that it has any further liability under such guaranty; or any guarantor defaults in any provision of any guaranty, or any financial information provided by any guarantor is false or misleading); (h) member or any guarantor dies; if member is a sole proprietorship, the owner dies; if member is a partnership, any general or managing partner dies; if member is a corporation, any principal officer or 10.00% or greater shareholder dies; if member is a limited liability company, any managing member dies; if member is any other form of business entity (any person(s) directly or indirectly controlling ten percent (10.00%) or more of the ownership interests of such entity dies; (i) any creditor tries to take any of member property on or in which Beacon has a lien or security interest, including a garnishment of any of member accounts with Beacon; (j) a judgment or judgments is entered against member or any guarantor(s) in the aggregate amount of $250 or more that is not satisfied within thirty (30) days or stayed pending appeal; (k) an involuntary lien or liens is attached to any of member assets or property and not satisfied within thirty (30) days or stayed pending appeal; (l) an adverse change occurs in member financial condition or applicable credit histories; and (m) member is in default under any agreement for borrowed money or any other material contract. Member agrees to provide Beacon any financial records reasonably requested to determine financial status during the term of this Disclosure and Agreement.
Confidentiality. Member acknowledges and agrees that if confidential data relating to Beacon Services, marketing, strategies, business operations and business systems (collectively, “Confidential Information”) may come into his/her possession in connection with this Disclosure and Agreement, he/she is prohibited from disclosing and agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Confidential Information.
Waiver. The failure of either party to seek a redress for violation, or to insist upon the strict performance, of any covenant, agreement, provision, or condition hereof shall not constitute the waiver of the terms or of the terms of any other covenant, agreement, provision, or condition, and each party shall have all remedies provided herein with respect to any subsequent act which would have originally constituted the violation hereunder.
Relationship. This Disclosure and Agreement does not create, and shall not be construed to create, any joint venture or partnership between the parties. No officer, employee, agent, servant, or independent contractor of either party shall at any time be deemed to be an employee, servant, agent, or contractor of the other party for any purpose whatsoever.